Located on the border of Thornhill, Markham and Toronto, our location is easily accessible by public transit and we offer free parking for all staff. Bayview is looking for new, member-focused individuals to complement our team.
Each Bayview employee is vitally important in continuing our tradition of providing high standards and quality product and service on a consistent basis. Your experience with Bayview will be challenging, enjoyable and rewarding.
We hope that you will consider joining the Bayview Family.
Golf Course Maintenance
Full Time Seasonal & Summer Student Positions
The Greens Maintenance Team is seeking individuals for the 2019 golf season who wish to assist in providing championship conditions for our members in an environment that is fun, challenging and fast paced. Successful candidates will be exposed to varying aspects of golf course maintenance including but not limited to:
- Mowing greens, tees and fairways
- Raking Bunkers
- Landscaping including line trimming and raking
- Small projects including sodding and other detail work
- The desire to work in a team environment
- Have a passion for the outdoors
- Must have a positive attitude and be willing to learn
- Punctual (early mornings)
- Attention to detail
- Reliable source of transportation
- Golf Course/Landscape experience is an asset but not a must
- Physically fit
- Must be open to working some weekends and holidays if required
- Uniform provided
- Golfing privileges
We are seeking candidates who are available for the position of:
Full-Time Seasonal: April-November/December
Summer Student: April/May-September
(All positions filled for 2020)
Backshop Attendants are our front line of customer service. From, greeting our Members and Guests at the bag drop, daily golf cart maintenance and servicing the driving range to helping to prepare for tournaments, this position is an integral part of the service we strive to deliver at the Bayview Golf & Country Club.
All positions are presently filled for the 2020 season.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for interactions with our Members and Guests
- Loading and unloading clubs from vehicles
- Club cleaning and storage
- Cart cleaning and Storage
- Daily golf cart maintenance
- Servicing the driving range, short game area and putting green
- Upkeep of bag storage area
- Upkeep of the power cart storage area
- Assisting in tournament preparation
- Golf Background an asset but not required
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Attention to details
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent employee relations
- Team Player
- Uniform provided
- Staff meal while on duty
- Golfing privileges
Food and Beverage
Part / Full Time Server
Provide the highest level of customer service to our members and their guests at all times. Beverages and food items will be provided in a timely and courteous manner.
- Prepare tables by setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Stock the service stations with a variety of items such as cream, milk, condiments, coffee and water.
- Stock the service stations with serviettes and cutlery.
- Stock the pantry area with a variety of items such as dishware, butter, bread, coffee and desserts.
- Pick up stock from the storage areas.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, salad and napkin containers.
- Greet and seat members.
- Take food and beverage orders and suggest related items such as soup, salad, side orders.
- Display knowledge of the Club’s food menu, wine & spirits menu.
- Promote menus and Club functions to the members.
- Check with members and their guests to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for members and their guests.
- Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Perform standardized opening and closing procedures during each shift.
- Assist other service area in time of need.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and acceptable levels of club appearance at all times.
- Maintain proper Club policies/procedures and dress code at all times.
- Attend and participate in all training sessions and staff meetings throughout the season.
- Carry out all other duties as delegated by the Food & Beverage Management.
- Work schedule varies and will include working evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Spend a lot of time on their feet.
- Frequently assigned to changing priorities.
- Must have completed Smart Serve alcohol service training.
- Previous serving experience an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must work well individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Red Cross Water Safety Instructors, Lifeguards and Head Guards (Seasonal)
Bayview Golf & Country Club is a private athletic and social club, offering golf, tennis, fitness, curling, and swimming (outdoor) to its members. The club is located on Fairway Heights Drive, one traffic light west of Leslie Street and Steeles Avenue.
- Oversee the safety and supervision of participants of all ages in recreational swims
- Implement safe, enjoyable and effective Canadian Red Cross swimming lessons
- Ensure the pool meets health and safety regulations
- Ensure the pool, and the building and surrounding areas are clean, tidied and safe for participants
- Ensure that the Club’s policies are enforced
Mandatory for all staff:
- Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard-Pool Qualification
- Standard First Aid and CPR ‘C’ (Red Cross, Lifesaving Society or St Johns)
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Applicants must have proof of up-to-date qualifications (current within the last two years)
- Responsible, committed, professional, good communication skills, pleasant and courteous manner
- Deck Supervisor or Head Guard experience is an asset
Mandatory for Instructors:
- Canadian Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor (considered an asset)
- Synchronized Swimming Coaching (considered an asset)
- Experience is an asset
- Early May 2020 – Labour Day 2020
- Mandatory staff training sessions will be arranged prior to June
- Candidates should advise as to their availability after Labour Day
- One dry land training sessions in May and one wet training session in May, both are mandatory and terms of employment
- Full-time and Part-time positions available. (FT and PT will be required to work occasional weekend shifts)
- Full-time employees must have their Red Cross Water Safety Instructors
- Work week & shifts are weather dependent as this is an outdoor pool
- Hourly wage to be determined
- Additional payment for clinic and private swimming lesson instruction
Please submit your application no later than April 30, 2020. Candidates must be available to work up to and including Labour Day. Only those applicants granted an interview will be contacted.
To submit your interest in employment at the Bayview Golf & Country Club, please fill out this form below and attach your resume.